Back(B)log

August 28, 2008

Wild Worlds

It's a mad, mad world out there. No doubt people like me and you contribute in a big way. We're all eccentrics in our very own tailor-made, quirky ( Melange would argue it's actually quarky. But then she's always been quacky) little ways. Take myself for example, I have a lot of those compulsive disorder thingys - I am overtly conscious about personal hygiene. I have to have all things neatly arranged in their places (so I'll always remember exactly where I can find them. I can almost hear Melange arguing about entropy and disorder being the universal order). I also feel I'm duty-bound to correct people when their making some grammatical error (I learnt it was a mistake, I'm stopping you from making the same mistake. It's a problem that gets me into trouble often, people don't realise I'm not making fun of them). Being a hygiene-freak can be a problem when you live in a hostel with about 300 thinking-of-football/cricket-showering-once-in-3-days kind of guys. As for arranging things in order is out of question with a heavy metal fan for a roommate. The lesser said about my problem of being an english teacher, the better. Believe me, the trouble it gets me into! Quirks are wonderful things. They can piss you off very badly. But they are really good. Its your quirks that add a hint of lime to the glass of water that is your bland life. Personally, my mom for one is really pleased that her kid is so squeaky clean all the time. She can't stop boasting about how neat my room is. How I pick up all my clothes off the bed and fold them up. As for my mania for correction, I've got so many "thanks" from people who believe I was just helping them out. Makes me feel good. Makes up for all the trouble it causes. Its worth it in the end. Quirks. I like the way the word sounds in my mouth. Quirks are good. Two thumbs up! "If you want to leave, take good care, Hope you make a lot of nice friends out there, But remember there's a lot of bad, And beware. Ooh baby, baby! Its a wild world!"

5 comments:

La said...

La was here :)

Me likes quirks too. :)

You're actually clean? That's surprising...no offense, I just like the thought of being the biggest clean-freak around (which I'm not I've discovered).

OOO! You got nice map and nice batman bat! give them to me! NOW!

and did you know? you can actually reply to the comments that people (i.e me) leave on your blog so that they (who are all me) don't feel like they're talking to themselves.

P.S: please visit http://galateas-song.blogspot.com/ when you find the time.

P.P.S: please remove annoying word verification thingy.

P.P.P.S: i just watched Batman Begins. I'm head over heels. I want to watch The Dark Knight again. And again. And again.

P.P.P.P.S: this is what happens when I leave comments when I'm being insane.

P.P.P.P.P.S: please remove annoying word verification thingy.

Devaiah Bopanna said...

Readability is poor.. please increase the font size..

perfect melange said...

yup! you're definitely Vicky. you're the squeaky clean guy! hehehe
i resent the fact that you called me quacky btw....you should not discriminate against people who are not from your world.

perfect melange said...

oh wait! this is holeygrail.com. i never realised! hehehe again

Rookie said...

Glad to have you on board, Perfect!