Back(B)log

April 26, 2009

Utsav '09 - What we did

[The poster above was designed by DC Rocks, who happens to be Captain Gorgeous' boss in all matters digital].

Utsav came and went (for those of you poor souls that aren't in my college, Utsav is the annual college fest. Held for 3 days in April). This year, it happened on the 9th, 10th & 11th of April. The whole lot of us (except Piggy, who was in Chennai for Easter) spent a whole lot of time in and around college - working! [This armband was designed by Captain Gorgeous and me for all the General Purpose Volunteers. Needless to say, they were a big hit. The armbands and the volunteers]

On the Utsav days, Puppy worked as the Main Stage Coordinator. Captain Gorgeous was busy with the Design Team (he didn't have any hand with the Utsav T-shirts. So don't blame him for that fiasco). I was in-charge of Database for the entire fest. My job is to basically maintain a record of every single participant in Utsav '09. Pretty big job with very big work to do. I never managed to sleep for more than 4 hours that entire week. Then, we had this huge logistics mix up on the 10th which meant we didn't have any tickets to sell when there was this whole huge crowd clamouring to buy them. Then, the microphone conked out and I ended up screaming (instructions to participants about where to go when for which event) myself hoarse for an hour and a half until they could fix it. Six lost his cellphone sometime in between and we spent a long time searching for it. A security guard found it and handed it back. The whole database team had to work overtime and they came out with flying colours. I sound like a coach or a captain talking about his team but I just can't seem to make it sound any other way (believe me. I tried. This is the 5th time I backspaced about 3 sentences). So, this is the way it stays. A standing ovation to my team! The fest done, I slept half the Sunday. And now, I have a whole lot of souvenirs in the form of used-ticket counterfoils.

2 comments:

MM said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I could've come! Next time perhaps!

Rookie said...

Was fun! You should come next Utsav. But you really don't have to wait till then.