Back(B)log

September 04, 2008

A little education

I've been racking my brains out for a topic for this post ( my brain, as usual, fighting back. Its a regular thing. This fight for complete control. ). I just realised that I always, invariably, unconsciously, come up with a question to start a post. This, my friends, is a conscious effort to start off with a sentence (my brain was no help. But I won! It was a no-brainer.). Now, I know its not nice to start off with a question. But then, I have a perfectly logical bit of reasoning to back up my fault (it isn't my fault). I read in the newspaper yesterday that a recent study showed what every person, with as much comprehension as a cud-chewing bovine that just plonked itself in a field with no intention of getting its enormous 4 chambered stomach off the ground until sunset (or until a spaceship landed in the same field. Whichever happened first), could tell - rock fans are rebellious. Rock music. Now there's a topic after my own heart (Aaarrgghh! Its coming for me! Its killing me! Bad joke. Couldn't resist. Couldn't desist.). I could go on for hours about rock. Could give discourses. Its sad that people have a serious misconception about rock music. They think its all about guys in ripped jeans or leg-hugging leather pants, half drunk, full-high on coke, coming on stage and collapsing in mid-riff ( "-" intended). People! What I described just now was Jim Morrison. The rest aren't that bad. They can hold their alcohol. Well, they haven't all collapsed on stage either. Other people think its all noise. Well, they have a name for musical noise. Its metal. The heavy, black, power, Nu, death kinds (all metal categories). Rock music is as varied as the number of bands that have emerged since the Beatles (which is something to say. Considering today's mockery where every one-album band that manages to jump up from the sewer considers its music a separate sub-genre and names it so. Thanks Linkin Park. How I hate those guys!). Rock music contains a lot of categories that include the soothing soft rock, bluesy rock & roll, religiously correct Gospel rock and the father of heavy metal - Hard rock. Rock has something for everyone. They just need to find out what. Something they can't do by refusing to make an attempt to get introduced to it. As usual, I have no idea what the purpose of this post is. Maybe time will tell. Right now, time is telling I haven't written my record for tomorrow's lab and I won't have enough of it (time) if I don't sign out now. Bugger it all!

1 comment:

paddu said...

i really can't read this post its too small make the font size big v pah!!!!