Back(B)log

November 12, 2009

Since the last post...

Found at last: GTA - Vice City game. One of the guys in the hostel had a working copy of the game. Though not the complete game. This one just has the missions. No music. It feels like riding a bike at neckbreaking speed on a conveniently empty road on a glorious day with earplugs on. The joy of being able to marinate in the game is short-lived. No mind-boggling soundtrack that endeared Tommy Vercetti's world to me. A hollow victory for all the years of searching. Exams are 'round the corner. Once again. This time, the dark cloud of a CAT also looms overhead. Then there's the constant headache of a project dully echoing in the back of my head. A bleak immediate future for me and my blog. Mari gave me a copy of Photoshop CS4. "Damn good!", he says. I install it and as usual, no activation key. Photoshop seems to be destined to not be installed on my laptop for more than the trial period of a month. Puppy has to submit his lab records tomorrow. True to his self, he started on it today. Last I heard from him, he had 6 more print-outs to take. That was at 5 P.M. Last sunday, a whole bunch of us went on a cycling trek. Puppy, as usual, came on his bike, looking all cool and impressive with a bomber jacket on. It was a soggy, sorry excuse for a day, that one. I lost count of the number of times I got soaked. Rain kept beating down on us for all the 28 kms we cycled to reach our destination - T.K. Falls (don't bother asking for the full-form. I don't know myself). As a weight-reducing measure, my bicycle has no mudguards. By the time, we'd reached the waterfall, it looked to me like I was trying to make a fashion statement with my back, backpack and shorts looking like they were covered in leopard-print motifs. Two hours of being drenched under the waterfall and we headed back. We stopped at a dhaba for a really late lunch. Needless to say, we dredged up a 4-figure bill. Twelve hours since I'd left my room, I was back in. My clothes and backpack went straight into the washing machine. My water-logged shoes and myself went straight to the bathroom where I scrubbed the shoes and then myself. My body hurt in places I didn't know existed for the next 2 days. But it was worth it. I think. Perfect Melange had her first gig tonight. Her band played "64" club. I couldn't go. But I was there while they practised at least. I should ask her if they got booed off stage. I hope not. Perfect deserves a standing ovation. I clap after each performance and she thinks I'm being sarcastic. Silly girl! Oh, I think her band is called "The Inside Joke". I'm a man on a mission right now. Mission: Rip out parts of the audio in Southpark's "Whale Wars" episode and remaster them to get Eric Cartman's version of "Poker Face". Wish me luck.

No comments: