Back(B)log

September 03, 2009

Star Wars : The Next Episode

Ripe time for a new post methinks. Methinks methinking a lot these days. Now if mesa only start replacing "me" with "mesa", mesathinks me could give Jar Jar Binks a run for his money or Empire Credits or whatever those floppy-eared, stalk-eyed, stick-legged, lizardlike, amphibious, God-you-talk-too-much, creatures use as money. I've been re-watching the Star Wars for the I-don't-know-I've-lost-count-th time. The thing is, there has always been something about the first 3 episodes that's always bugged me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it till finally, I realised, it was JAR JAR BINKS! I mean come on, what was the necessity of introducing such a character? Any species so stupid would have died out long before they could even evolve into sentient beings that could take control of a very earthlike, albeit marshy, planet! It goes against all known theories of evolution. Can you imagine how it would be if evolutionary deadends were given a second chance? We would all be ruled by dodos! We humans would be restricted to living in jungles or we'd have to take to the sewers and live among dodo poo or risk being caught and put in tiny 8X10 ft cells in zoos where dodo chicks would come and ogle at us and stick ice cream through the bars just to taunt us. Or worse, maybe the dodos would have evolved into really cruel dumb birds and would kill for sport; just for the heck of it. But you really can't deny it. George Lucas may have screwed up badly with the last installment of Indiana Jones, but he has given us the all-time greatest sci-fi saga. I have been hooked on to Star Wars ever since I was 12 years old. I still have the lightsaber toy, that has a thin, long filament that lights up when activated by a button, that my grandma brought for me from the US. It still lights up. I can't take it anymore! Have to watch Episode 5 again! Meanwhile, here's some good, sound advice - watch old seasons of The Simpsons. Read all the Asterix comics. And please comment. It doesn't matter what you say, even a "I read this post V" will do.

1 comment:

MM said...

I read this post V.

It almost killed my eyes and all what with the wonderfully chosen italicized dark grey-almost black font on the black background.

But nonetheless I read it.
And you're still funny. :)