Back(B)log

September 29, 2009

Down with the Sickness

I hate being sick. I hate falling ill. That's just what's happened to me. It is so frustrating to be all dozy all day long and jerk awake suddenly and force open gummed-up eyes and feel like hell, not knowing what time of which day it is. For the last few days, its been me, my room and I. My body has been competing with my laptop in a game of "Who's hotter?" My appetite's all screwed-up and the physical weakness is, well, demoralising. I'm usually very in touch with my innate maleness and revel in "feats of machoness". The sickness takes away all that. Most of the day and night, I'm confined to bed, in a bid to conserve energy. The illness brings with it its perennial fan following of cough, runny-noses and constant headaches. All in all, this bout of fever has been my worst ever in a long time. Mom says I had German Measles as a really tiny kid but I have no memories of that. The fever has gone now. I thought maybe, that was that. Wrong. Enter: After-effects, stage left! After-effect #1 : A full-body rash. Itches like crazy. After-effect #2 : Appetite improved. But taste-buds gone on an extended vacation. After-effect #3 : Irritating desire to complain about everything under the sun and some that aren't. And I think I've gone deafer than usual. It really doesn't help that all these days have been holidays. At least, I'd have seen my friends otherwise. Somehow, the rash would've been better with Piggy fussing over me or Puppy taking my case about being spotty. If I continue, I'll continue complaining. Sometimes I disgust myself. So I'll stop now. A last word, all the best to The Nut Case and Sparks who have a big day ahead tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Nut Case said...

You are perfectly alright now! Come back here will you!