Back(B)log

February 13, 2009

Gin-soaked Boy

I'm the darkness in the light, I'm the leftness in the right; I'm the rightness in the wrong, I'm the shortness in the long; I'm the goodness in the bad, I'm the saneness in the mad; I'm the sadness in the joy, I'm the gin in the gin-soaked boy. I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene; I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east; I'm the ruby in the dust, I'm the trust in the mistrust; I'm the Trojan Horse in Troy, I'm the gin in the gin-soaked boy. I'm the tiger's empty cage, I'm the mystery's final page; I'm the stranger's lonely glance, I'm the hero's only chance; I'm the undiscovered land, I'm the single grain of sand; I'm the christmas morning toy, I'm the gin in the gin-soaked boy. I'm the world you'll never see, I'm the slave you'll never free; I'm the truth you'll never know, I'm the place you'll never go; I'm the song you'll never hear, I'm the course you'll never steer; I'm the will you'll not destroy, I'm the gin in the gin-soaked boy. I'm the half-truth in the lie, I'm the why not in the why; I'm the last roll in the die, I'm the old school in the tie; I'm the spirit in the sky, I'm the catcher in the rye; I'm the twinkle in her eye, I'm Jeff Goldblum in the fly. Well, who am I?
---The Divine Comedy

No comments: