Back(B)log

August 15, 2008

Once upon a time....

Ever had that battery-operated, soft-toy monkey that bangs a pair of cymbals while doing backflips running around in your head? I do. Whenever I don't know what to do (in this case write), this happens. People have sheep jumping fences. One of my friends swears he gets bikini-clad girls jumping over a recliner chair! But no! I get a faux fur (not fox fur), tin backboned simian. He does wear a red band conductor's suit. But still. I titled this post , "Once upon a time...", 'cause a friend told me that was the best thing to do. It could go anywhere from there. Somehow, I don't think this was where I was planning to go when I started out. Writer's block is a crazy thing. Not that I suffer from it a lot. But that's because I hardly write. Never if I can help it. Makes me wonder why I'm bothering now. Not like people are queueing up to read it. "Step right up folks! Read what the brilliant and extremely lucid and...." ....and so on and so forth. Can't see anyone coming and holding a coin under my nose, " A penny for your thoughts!". Doesn't happen. Never are great minds and restless souls appreciated in their own time. I'm good at this. Rambling. Even in real life, I'm a wanderer. A nomad. A vagabond (well dressed , though). I love travelling. One day I'll see the world. I've already seen the universe. Dreaming is free. I've yet to see the world though. Airplane tickets don't come for free. Right, I seemed to have roamed about enough for now. I kind of think I've lost my way a little. Ended up 3 streets away from where I should've been. "Here I go, turn the page" - Robert Seger.

3 comments:

La said...

V! I love how you ramble!

I've already seen the universe. Dreaming is free. I've yet to see the world though. Airplane tickets don't come for free.

:D

Ramble some more. I will read. I won't pay you for it, but I'll read...

Rookie said...

What! You won't pay me??!

La said...

I'll pay you compliments... :)